Actual Spent: 65.85$
- Chicken bites
- 2 frozen meals
- Dried pinto beans
- 2 coconut waters
- Enchilada sauce
- Mac & cheese
- Red bell pepper
- Cornbread mix
- Fresh jalapeno
- Yellow onion
- Sweet potato
- Broccoli slaw mix
- 1 head of Romaine
- Peanut butter cookies (from the bakery)
- Eggs (1 1/2 dozen)
- Chips (tortilla and Sun Chips)
We did it! We stayed under budget! Of course, we only bought food for 6 days this week, but we didn't eat either of the frozen meals we bought so we'll have those around for some other time.
CSA: We missed our work share again this week because we were sick. :( Our Farmer Marie says we might start getting shares again as soon as two weeks from now. Yay!
- Chicken bites and guacamole on salad
- Beans & cornbread
- Enchilada meatloaf: from Healthy Meals for Less
- Leftovers from last week: Risi e bisi, sandwich stuff, and rice & bean salad
What we learned:
- 1. It can be done. We can come in under this new budget.
- 2. It helps if your mom buys some of your food, so go visit! :)
For more details on Project: Food Budget, click here.